Updated: A 1960’s Subdivision House
There a million of these houses! The traditional garrison “colonial” was the popular house of the 1960’s. Typically well-built and in nice locations, most lack detail and pizzazz. They need new kitchens, new baths and updated decor. They also often need window replacements, improved mechanical systems and a modified floor plan.
Our subdivision home remodel featured:
- An amazing new kitchen with American Cherry floors, custom cabinets of reclaimed antique heart pine and a 7 foot, slate topped island;
- An eat in area with a vaulted ceiling and skylights, oversized “cottage” windows and easy access to the deck and backyard patio;
- An adjacent family room with built-in bookcases, a granite fireplace and a room designed for family living;
- A stylized mudroom entry that included cubbies, hanging pegs and tons of storage;
- Additional exterior storage spaces for garden supplies, sports equipment and “stuff”;
- Redesigned exterior space to include a deck, bluestone patio, gardens and pergola.