Adding on to a 1915 Gambrel
This 1930’s Gambrel was well-built and in a great location, but too small for a growing family. Other than renovating the kitchen and existing bathroom, the work done in the original section of the house was primarily cosmetic. The addition was designed with contemporary flair, yet the new space flows seamlessly with the old. New spaces integrate with outdoor living areas, which were designed as part of the renovation and addition.
The addition included:
- An expansion (and renovation) of the kitchen to include an eat in area;
- A back door entry with small mudroom and half bath;
- An oversized family room with built-in cabinets and fireplace;
- A back staircase and open hallway connecting the old section of the house to the new;.
- A second floor master bedroom and bath;
- A second floor laundry area.